My dream job

I arrived at a point in my life where I need to step up and be a grown up. I need a job period.
I am looking for a job, at any places they may need my skills. But I have to say that to find the ultimate dream job, is my "dream".
I have many dream jobs. As I was growing up, I wanted to be a singer, a lawyer, a journalist, a fashion designer. I am still working on the fashion designer thing. And like Vera Wang, maybe when I turn 40 I will actually do something about it.
But for now, I am going to dream of becoming:
A fashion editor A fashion editor has duties such as plan publications and assign stories to journalists. They also edit articles. I would love to be a fashion editor just for the power that it can give you. Like the "Devil" in "The Devil wears Prada", the fashion editor or at least a very successful fashion editor seems to be a strong and tyranic person who can break or make a designer. You can also get designer's clothes and goody bags for almost nothing. You also get to attend to fashion shows and trendy party all over the world.

Well that is the dream. But how is the reality. In reality, a fashion editor must be super stressed, running around trying to get her reporters to come up with new subjects, trying to get her creative people to make an interesting photo shoot. The fashion editor must be juggling several acts at the same time. And I am almost certain that she does not get much time to spend with her family, let along sleep.

So what is it that I thought was my dream job again? A fashion editor? I do not have the guts, let along the skills to pretend to be one. So I guess it is not a "dream job" anymore.

I reality, my dream job is columnist like Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the city. But even this job is for fake.....

Comments

Popular Posts