Hijab- Update


I thought I would write a little update concerning my article "Hijab".
I am still in the process of wearing one. But in my moments of doubt, I talked to one of my friends who was wearing the Hijab. She gave me some great advice I would like to share with you.
1- Take one step at the time:
I am a very impatient person. When I want something, I want it right now. I wanted to be able to wear the Hijab right now. So I was on the quest to make my closet hijab friendly. I spent so much money buying scarves, long sleeves tee, dresses that would complete my transformation. However, my friend told me to go slowly. She said that it was good for me to do some research about the importance of hijab, but also to learn about how to wear it before engaging in some shopping spree.
2-Al Amirah Hijab:
My friend said that for starters I just needed two hijabs: one in black and one in white; and preferably Al Amirah Hijab which is a two piece hijab ( a cap and scarf)that is very easy to wear.

3- Shops at Mosque or Muslim Friendly shops
When I told my friend that I did not have a place to shop for hijabs back in Houston, she advice me to check the local mosques or Muslim Shops. As a matter of fact, there is a Muslim shop next to my place that I go to to get Muslim goods. It iscalled Jerusalem Halal Meats. I went there today and got myself two Amirah Hijabs. I also got the time to look at their collection of hijabs and it was very extensive yet affordable.

So far, wearing a scarf around my head has not been a problem. I see myself doing it spontaneously. And now, it even bothers me to go out without a proper head scarf. I know I am not enterily covered like I am supposed to be, but I am getting there. And I think, it is what matters.

Ps: Jerusalem Halal Meat
3330 Hillcroft St # I, Houston, TX‎ -
(713) 784-2525 ‎

Comments

Popular Posts