Fashion Diary: Spring Awakening

I want to start something new with this blog. So far I have been blogging about what I like or do not like about Fashion. However, from now on I want to add some spice: I will blog about my own clothes (recently purchased or already owned) and how I can mix and match them to fit certain events of just ordinary days out of the house. I thought about doing it just to break from the routine of my dressing habits. Every time that I step out of the house, I always opt for a pair of jeans, sweaters and sneakers or flats. But If I have to take a picture of my outfit and post it on this site, it will help me up the ante and start dressing up a bit more. In reality, I also hope that this innovation would interest some of my readers, and help me attract more of them.
I would like to call this new page: Fashion Diary.
The first fashion diary outfit I would like to call Spring Awakening
is the following:



- Knee Length beige sweater Walmart $10
- Tube Maxi Dress, Ross dress for less, $8
- Skinny brown belt, Zara (gift)
- White Peep toe platform shoes, Payless, $4 at local Goodwill

I love this ensemble. The dress is very summery even though I find the color palette to be good for fall as well. It is a tube dress, which I hesitated before buying because I cannot wear it alone for religious reasons. But against my usual good judgement, I decided to get it and find out later how I could coordinate it. I was happy to find waiting for me in my closet a sweater to pair it with. I have other cardigans I may try with the dress as well. During the heat wave of Houston, I may even pair the dress with a plain white or beige tee-shirt.
I always wanted to try wearing a belt over dresses or cardigans ever since it became trendy around town. But for some reasons I did not dare to do so. I previously tried this ensemble with a bolder belt and it did not work at all. So I went for the skinnier type, which is a nicer addition.



I absolutely adored the shoes which are barely pictured here. ( I will have to invest in a tripod to take better pictures) They are really high but I can still walk in them because they are platform shoes. I intended to buy them at Payless last year but I was afraid that they were too high. However, during a shopping spree at the local Goddwill to celebrate my birthday, I could not resist them any longer when they smile at me. I wore them only once before but I did not regret the $4 I invested.
I will have to add a bag and a scarf to my garment. I may go for a red or white scarf and a brown crocodile bag. With these color palettes, the sky is the limit. No, let me rephrase that, I have many colors to choose from, granted they are not pink or green...I may be trying to be bold, but I am not quite there yet.

But this is only planning. I hope to wear it next time I go out, which is for my doctor appointment this thrusday/ anniversary dinner (I hope my husband will take me out...by the way should I just hope or drop the hint to him that I want to celebrate?)

So what you think of this outfit I called Spring Awakening?

Comments

Anonymous said…
superbe. I love the dress. Not the usual pink spring but light enough (especially with the white shoes) to make you realize that warmth is arund the corner.All the best ma chere.

Popular Posts