Travel with style: airplane edition!

The family and I are planning a trip back to Houston Texas. I am so excited to go back "home" for three reasons: shopping, eating and meeting with friends. You do not even know how much I miss Ross, Target, Goodwill and other stores in the US. I cannot wait to go there and let myself go crazy. I will also indulge in all the Mediterranean and Mexican foods I cannot get in Japan. I will gain some pounds ( which is sad because I have been losing lately) but it will be so worth it.  Moreover I will get to spend time with friends (and make a new one I hope).

But before I start doing all these things, I need to hop on different planes and travel for a long day with two small kids. I am thinking that this trip will be a headache therefore I am already planning on outfits that will make the travel easier. Here are a few options that really appeal to me and most of these things are already in my wardrobe.

Simply Hip



Fedora hat, leather jacket, denim shirt, colored jeans, shoulder bag and canvas espadrilles

I think this outfit may be my favorite as I have been wearing versions of it several times in the past (in Summer and Winter). Moreover the pieces taken separately are very easy to style. I just need to switch the espadrilles for some ballet flats as I do not own a pair yet. The Fedora hat will add a little bit of edge to the outfit (a la Beyonce).

Stylish Madame



Trench coat, dress shirt, floral scarf, black leggings, jeweled flats and messenger bag

I love trench coats but I am not sure I would like to travel with one as stylish as it may be. My trench coat is really big and if I take it off inside the airport for example, it may be a hassle to carry around on top of luggage. Plus I am sure I will not find any use for it in the heat of Houston. But the other items really appeal to me particularly my jeweled flats which are super comfy and cute.

Ethnic chic


Denim jacket, white tee, printed maxi skirt, wedges and messenger bag

I love the idea of a fluid maxi skirt (or dress) for travelling but never tried it before. And lately I have been obsessed with African prints. My printed dress that I wear as a skirt is great but not really wide enough to be very comfy. I am sure that once I sit on the plane, I will be pulling and tugging at it, which I would hate. But it is really a trendy thing to wear.

Would you like to try any of these styles for a trip? Do you have any other you would like to share with me?

(Update: And to find out what I really wore, read here)






Comments

Popular Posts