On my radar: Tropical prints

Tropical prints have been trending for a while now. They caught my eyes recently as many shops in Pune put them on display to celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. Pineapple and palm tree prints, colorul parrots, jungle prints among other are popping everywhere. I really like them because one I am a sucker for a good print, and two it is colorful. Think : lush greens, deep blue, striking orange and yellow and shocking pink. What is not to love?
Here are few printed items I am eying at the moment:

Printed pants
I am still obsessed with printed pants and owning one in tropical prints by the end of the Summer is my goal.





Bossini available at Max, Lifestyle and Splash in Phoenix Mall


Koovs.com



Summer dress:
Absolute must. Enough said.


Zara
 ( my kids told me that I already have something similar but what do they know, lol)

Bomber jacket or blazer
Because a girl needs a casual alternative to the blazer. And in case I do not find it, a printed blazer would do. I am getting tired of my basic ones.



 Gap and Vero Moda jacket at Myntra.com

Jumpsuits:
I have to add a fun print to my plain collection. The bolder the print,  the happier I will be.


Rio at Reliance trends ( in fact the shop has an entire collection of Tropical prints on sale right now. I tried this jumpsuit but it was too tight)

Tropical graphic tee
I have been into graphic tees recently ( always thought I was too old to rock them) and would love to get one with something interesting written in tropical prints.





This one is nice too, Parrot tee at Reliance Trends


I am not sure I will score all of these items or something similar. Only time will tell. 
These prints are not for the shy dresser so if you are not sure they are for you, start with something small like an accessory or a tee. If the bold prints scare you, try one that is in a tiny version. The key to wear those prints is not to overdo it. One print at a time if you are going for seperates like a printed blazer with skinny jeans and plain white tee. It is also advisable to keep the accessories in the gold palette to uplift the look. Moreover tropical prints on a black canvas tend to be edgier and casual whereas those on a white canvas are classier. 
So, like me will you go tropical this Summer?

On the Runway 

Hermes, Karen Millen, Just Cavalli


Hight Street: Clemens and Ribeiro, Addidas x Farm, River Island

Comments

Popular Posts