Wrap draped skirt

I have found a new thing to obsess about. It is the draped or wrap skirt or draped wrap skirt.  I fell in love with it for the first time while watching the movie Friends with benefits.  Mila Kunis's character was wearing this grey draped skirt that made her legs look divine.


Mila Kunis in the draped mini skirt


 I immediately wanted one but since the skirt was short (I do not wear short clothes)  I put my feelings aside and let it go.  But when you have only trendy fashion related feeds on all your social media, you are bond to come across similar skirts that will ignite the obsession.

So here I am daydreaming about a wrap draped skirt.  Unlike those I saw online I want mine to be long, not too tight and not too revealing. I would love to find one in jersey fabric but any other one will do. I like this kind of skirts just because it is feminine and sexy. The drapes and/ or wrap make the body looks curvier so it would be perfect for ladies who are a bit flat. You would think that it is something curvier women should also avoid but one look at Kim Kardashian in those skirts,  we know that it is also perfect for us "bigger" girls.

Here are some skirts I found  that look interesting even if they do not meet all my requirements:




New Look t wrap Jersey maxi at koovs.com



Koovs.com wrap front pencil skirt (at Rps 270  it is a steal but it going fast right now)



Crepe woven wrap skirt from forever21.com




Mango wrap long skirt



Alia Bhatt for Jabong Grey wrap skirt

My favorite ones are the two below but their price tags are hefty.



Doo ri long draped skirt with leather trim




Three dots draped maxi skirt

Luckily, a draped or wrap skirt is very easy to diy. And I made my first ever just this week. Read about it here.

I do want to get one in Jersey though so I am still on the hunt for it.

Some celebrities in wrap draped skirt


My favorite : Beyonce in Burberry Prorsum wrap skirt 


Olivia Palermo styling her Wrap skirt with a military jacket 


Rihanna' s draped skirt oozes sexyness 



Comments

Popular Posts