Closet cravings: the Dry season


    Hi Everybody!

How is everyone doing?

I am doing great. I have been keeping an account of how much I spent on clothes (and accessories) for the last few months. I will not tell you the total but let us just stay it is staggering. I have decided to put myself on a shopping hiatus. I will only buy things that are on my list until next year. Nothing more, and nothing less!

Yet, with this upcoming change of season, I see myself craving a few things (hopefully that have been on the list forever). Fall in Senegal is an interesting time of the year. We do not call it “Fall” but rather the "Dry Season" which starts in October and goes on till March. Like fall, trees do lose their leaves and temperatures drop but it never gets too cold. The mornings are chilly, but by midday it is very hot. There is a strong dry wind blowing. One can catch a cold and be coughing easily if they do not layer up. It is also known as the Flu season.

Here are a few pieces I crave that would make me Dry Season ready:
Outerwear:
It never gets winter cold in Senegal. Well, it is still cold but it’s never freezing. However people walk around wearing hooded coats and turtle neck wool sweaters, you may think we live in Canada. As for myself I like to keep it warm and casual. But since I am working in an office I reckon a few colorful cardigans and sweaters are in order. This year, I would also like to invest in open dusters coats that I have been ogling for years.


Long sleeves tees:



My basic wear for this season are long sleeves tees. They go well with everything and can be worn casually or formally. I will settle for dark tones. I also would like some sleeveless turtlenecks to layer with cardigans or jackets.

Booties:
I always thought I did not like booties until I saw a cute pair at the market the other day. There is something about them that is absolutely sexy. I might go for open toe, sling back or cut out booties so that I can still wear them in warmer weather.
Joggers set:



During this season, I love to be warm and cozy particularly at night. Nothing makes me feel cozier than a joggers set. I would love to own one in grey for the house or for working out.

This is not an extensive list. But count on me to find a few things to add like cute knitted caps and heavy blazers in check or tweed.  

What does your cold season wear list look like? 

Comments

Popular Posts